A Day in the Life of the Iler's

Friday, October 10, 2008

The Iler Family Campout July 2008

  • David, Emma, and Gina. They reminded us of the
  • infamous home-made sauna adventure. I hope we get cool aunt and uncle points for that =) The last time we did this I think the kids were about 12! Where does the time go? Let me know if you want the sauna details! It really is quite a fun treat! The three princesses.... Mookey, Ally, and Ellie Grace. Cam made a very cute prince, but it was hard to get him to pose for a pic!

John, Ellie, Mookey (Mikaela) and Cam enjoying the boat ride. Faster, Faster, daddy!

  • Auntie Joy and Uncle Mike holding the frog legs.....and they aren't just for dinner anymore! They go great with eggs, too! Really Dad, they aren't too spicey! Just try 'em with eggs, you'll love 'em! Next year.....fish tacos! hahahaha!
  • John and Ellie on Mike's quad. I especially liked that John's helmet was pink and black and said "Foxx" on the back...... oh so sexy! Thanks Mike & Laura for a very fun day!
  • Kiss me, surfer dude!
  • Miss Ally and Ellie Grace doing their hula dance on the sandy beach. Wish I looked that cute in a bikini!
  • Dad Iler in his Hawaiian ensemble. Looks like he is doing the Chicken Dance, his favorite. One might wonder why you would want to have this on your web page... it is out of pure thanfulness. He was threatening to wear a speedo! Whew! That was a close one!
  • Wow, I'm so thankful I just had to print this one twice! Down with the speedo!
  • Cam and Auntie Joy chasing around the tent. Cam loved this game so much. Who needs a gym when you have a 2 year old around?!
  • YEAH!!! BUBBLES!!! Cam loved helping with dishes when he discovered he could make bubbles. He washed everything in sight! We went thru a lot of dishsoap this trip! (you'd think he'd have stayed cleaner!)
  • Cameron started to enjoy his bath time the day before we left I think! Before that I just seemed like a mean mommy. He either cried because I got him in, or because I was getting him out. Mommy's just can't win sometimes! He sure is cute, though!
  • Cameron and Ellie. This is why they had their bath time every night Auntie Joy!
  • Mookey, Ally, and Ellie. We went out on the boat and found this 'chalk rock' beach. It was only on a small section of the beach. Made for some fun chalk writings around camp.
  • John and Tracy I got these cups as they reminded me of Disneyland and the Tiki Room Show. Doesn't it just make ya want to sing out......"In the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room, in the tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room"......John's favorite part of Disneyland, hahahah!) This year our trip was to Jenkinson Lake at Sly Park up near Pollock Pines. We have gone to a different place each year, but rumor has it this might be our permanant location. It was perfect and had something for everyone! We had family travel from Georgia, Ohio, and Seattle! We are blessed to have such a large and dedicated family. Each year we do a 'theme' dinner night and this year was Hawaiian. Auntie Joy and Uncle Mike created a great 'beach' area with fun sand and a surfer picture board. Lots of great food, especially the frog legs (which were so not too spicey!) and my favorite....abalone. It was a feast to be sure. Laura led the group in a hula dance.....dad didn't do his speedo modeling.....all in all it was great entertainment! Mike V. took the famed "OOPS Award" for coming as close as one can to breaking Mom Iler's nose without actually breaking it with the frisby throw last year. Colleen won the coveted Jiffy Pop contest, though I think I was a not-too-distant second (I can still smell the burning smell and Jim's voice rings thru my mind saying "ooohhhh the humanity!", but still, I'm thinking it was a close call). Maybe next year I'll just judge.... And I even got a few drinks in this year at Joy's Happy Hour! YUM! Looking forward already to next year! Oh, and a big thanks to Katie (and Frickin' Michael) for a great new memory......Frickin' Chicken! (I am still trying to break Ellie of that word!) We love you all and are so blessed to get to spend this time with you every year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home